Sunday, October 25, 2009

Halloween Garden Lights

Last weekend, I was complaining to Mr. MC that I couldn't use my jack-o-lantern outdoor lights because we have no electrical outlets on the outside of our house. He replied that he'd recently found a great alternative on one of his favorite new websites, Evil Mad Scientist Laboratories. We took a look at these and immediately ordered some LEDs and coin batteries to make our own. Right now I'm soaking labels off old glass jars we have laying around. We have white LEDs and orange ones, so we'll see which we like best.


I can hardly wait to try them out. We may have to make a couple tonight and see how they look. I'm hoping that one of my friends can get a picture of them next weekend. The nice thing is, they last for several days, so we can just put them up on Friday and leave them until Sunday night. I hope they're cool!


Edited to add: OMG! They are so cool! The orange lights are perfect. I can't wait to put them all out on Friday night. I can't stop chortling to myself. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, they make me feel appreciated. :-) I do moderate them, however, just to protect myself and my readers from trolls (the human kind, not the Norse kind, who are welcome to comment).