Monday, November 9, 2009

Eating the Fruit of the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil

Today in my mythology class we talked about the Genesis creation story and I suddenly understood more about "Belonging" and Topher. It was like Topher ate the fruit of the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil. As Adele said, Topher didn't have any morals at first. He was like a child. Now he's beginning to develop a conscience, to know and feel the difference between right and wrong. He ate the fruit and now he can never go back.

So he really was innocent. And, he was evil. Does that mean Adam and Eve were evil? Of course, we never think of them that way. At least, I've never thought of them that way before. They were "without sin", right? They didn't know the difference between good and evil. Don't we call those psychopaths these days?


Does that make Whiskey/Dr. Saunders Eve? Or maybe she's the Serpent?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, they make me feel appreciated. :-) I do moderate them, however, just to protect myself and my readers from trolls (the human kind, not the Norse kind, who are welcome to comment).