Friday, September 25, 2009

Last Weekend's Loot

Last weekend I visited friends and joined in their yard sale. Of course, I brought home several things from that yard sale (my friend has great taste). Plus, they have a great Goodwill store in their town, which we managed to check out on Sunday. My friend also gave me some presents she'd bought while yard sale-ing over the summer. Here's my loot (click on pictures for larger view):

Photobucket


Halloween goodies:
Photobucket

Glass dishes and pretty casserole in silver stand:
Photobucket

Cool London Landmarks box and handy travel organizer:
Photobucket

Pretty vinta
ge table topper, bracelet, and windowed box for a future project:
Photobucket

Teak tray and plant holder with pretty glass sun:
Photobucket

Nifty metal hanging rack thingie (that's a technical term) with etched mirror:
Photobucket

Big glass tray (ashtray?) and beautiful glass ceiling mounted light cover:
Photobucket

Ugly birdhouse and cute little sconce, both just waiting for some paint:
Photobucket

Bottles:
Photobucket

And last, but most definitely not least, this geee-orgeous vintage enameled cast iron dutch oven which my friend bought at a yard sale a couple of years ago and I have been lusting after ever since:
Photobucket

That's a lot of stuff, isn't it? I can't wait to see how it all ends up. Not that I really needed more projects, but all those paint-happy bloggers out there have got me hooked.

1 comment:

  1. This looks great! The photos are really good. I'm so glad you like the stuff you got -- and the stuff I gave you! I need to tell you that I saw another one of those little houses for sale at a thrift store in Bellefonte this weekend -- weird, huh? (I also scored some of those French porcelain dishes I like, a set of four oval side-dish plates.) I hope we get to see how you decorate for Hallowe'en!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, they make me feel appreciated. :-) I do moderate them, however, just to protect myself and my readers from trolls (the human kind, not the Norse kind, who are welcome to comment).