Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Thank Goodness for Skype!

Kevin began his trip to Germany at 4 a.m. Sunday morning, when we got up to drive him to the Cleveland airport. We said goodbye to him at about 7 a.m. Boy, did that day suck.

Yesterday I got to talk to him on Skype for a while. He’d traveled for about 27 hours, then spent the afternoon in processing at the base in Germany. He was pretty tired when we talked, but happy to be there and hanging out with his friends. He has posted pictures on his Facebook page. Anyone who might want to Skype with him, email me and I’ll give you his Skype name. Or, you know, check Facebook. Apparently my son has no worries about privacy.

Here’s some pictures from his graduation and month at home:

IMG_0110

Kevin in his class As, which were clearly too big for him by that time.

IMG_0105

On family day. My god, he’s tall!

IMG_0123

At graduation. I’ve decided he’s joined the Ministry of Silly Hats.

 

IMG_0132

Wearing his cool new shades.

 

IMG_0146

Mike and Laura came to see him.

IMG_0151

Yeah, yeah, we all know I’m short.

I miss him dreadfully. I’m so thankful for technology that allows us to talk face to face from halfway around the world. I can’t wait to hear about all of his adventures.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, they make me feel appreciated. :-) I do moderate them, however, just to protect myself and my readers from trolls (the human kind, not the Norse kind, who are welcome to comment).