Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Of Dragons, Electronics, and Sons

As requested, here are more pictures of my Halloween dragon. His name is Sam Hain. <snicker>

SamHane

 

Here’s an extremely blurry close-up:

SamHane (1)

 

I heard a rumor that I might be getting a new camera soon. I’m keeping my fingers crossed. I’m also looking at laptops. Having one would make some of my course work much easier. I went and tried some at Best Buy this weekend. Of course, I want the Sony Vaio, which is expensive. But I really liked the Vaio’s keyboard and touchpad buttons, as well as the shape and size. The Vaio would be my intermediate choice. In a perfect world, I’d get a MacBook Air. I heart those. But if I get anything, it’ll be a Dell, because they are affordable. Bonus: I can get a purple one!

Kevin is doing really well in Basic. He’s having fun, even. He gets longer phone calls now, so we get to have real conversation. Sunday he was talking about how he got to try rappelling and climbing down a rope from the top of a 60’ tower last week. Yikes!

He’s sick with bronchitis and pink eye, both of which are running rampant through the barracks. At least he gets free medical care.

I can’t wait to see him again. I wonder how different he’ll be?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, they make me feel appreciated. :-) I do moderate them, however, just to protect myself and my readers from trolls (the human kind, not the Norse kind, who are welcome to comment).