Saturday, February 20, 2010

Hobgoblins

Probably my favorite find of our thrifting weekend was these glasses I got at the Goodwill store.

IMG_0015

 

IMG_0016

A close-up:

hobgoblincloseup

(Loving my new camera.)

Aren’t they awesome?! They’re tall and have a nice heft to them, which is important to me. I like my dishes to feel as good as they look. I found five of them.

Laura and I looked them up on the internet when we got home and discovered that they come from the Hobgoblin Pub in Japan. I don’t know why someone wanted to get rid of them, but I’m sure glad I was there to find them. Now I want a whole collection of pub glasses for Halloween! Anyone know any other appropriately named pubs I should seek out?

2 comments:

  1. Love these! I check for more for you every time I go. :). Just in case they didn't put them all out yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are beyone awesome!!!! You lucky bugger! I never seem to have that kind of good luck at GW Fashions lol I;d be honored if you made a visit to my blog as well when you have a moment!

    www.ravenfaescreations.blogspot.com

    ~ Brialee ~

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, they make me feel appreciated. :-) I do moderate them, however, just to protect myself and my readers from trolls (the human kind, not the Norse kind, who are welcome to comment).